Valentine’s Day in Downtown Allentown
Date: Feb 09, 2015
Nothing says “I Love You” more than dinner for two at a romantic restaurant and there is no shortage of those in downtown. Below is a guide to get you through the weekend, even if it’s just drinks for one.
1. PPL Center – See Nickelback Saturday night at 8 p.m. Produced and promoted by Live Nation, this performance marks the beginning of their 12th tour which takes them to 61 cities across North America, starting in Allentown! PURCHASE TICKETS
Make it a weekend and reserve a hotel room at The Renaissance Hotel and grab drinks at the newly opened Dime Restaurant!
2. The Hamilton Kitchen & Bar – Grab a “Blackberry Smash” cocktail with tuna tartare and braised short rib and you got a date! Their menu brings fun flavors and delectable ingredients to the table ensuring a delicious night out. MENU
3. Fegley’s Allentown Brew Works – Beer LOVERS Dinner 2015 – Perfect for the lover of beers! Nine craft beers paired with five delectable courses paired by General Manager Jesse Albertson. Come as a couple or a single who just LOVES beer. MORE INFORMATION
4. Roar Social House – Roar is offering specials for the entire week leading up to Valentine’s Day. For just $49.50 enjoy courses such as Oysters Rockefeller, Surf & Turf and Rose Beignets. You’ll fall in love! MENU
5. Manifiesto - Enjoy a 4-course prix fixe dinner Friday or a 3-course prix fixe brunch Saturday. Dinner is $40 per person and Lunch is $20 per person. Check out their menus available now on their website. MENU
6. Cosmopolitan - $50 three-course, $80 four course filled with options like Ricotta Gnocchi, Roasted Duck Breast, White Chocolate “Parfait” and many more delicious meals. Make your romantic dinner reservation today! MENU
7. Pasta Alla Rosa – Say “Ti amo” over a warm plate of Penne Alla Vodka with your loved one. Remember, every meal comes with a complimentary glass of wine plus it’s BYOB!
8. Allentown Art Museum – Valentines’ Date Night at the Museum – 2/12/15
5:30 p.m. FREE - The Muhlenberg Jazz Improvisation Ensemble, directed by Dr. Ted Conner, performs Jazz standards and new compositions with its own unique voice. The ensemble's performances emphasize the exchange of musical ideas creating a range of colors and textures that are fresh and exciting. These musical "conversations" invite audiences to share the ensemble's music in a way that blurs the boundaries of audience and performers.
6:30 p.m. FREE - The Associated Mess is a troupe of comedians who have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of joy... that is to say, they like to make people laugh! They accomplish their noble quest by performing short-form improvisational comedy. The Associated Mess will bring tears of joy to your eyes and fill your heart with pure, unadulterated comedic love!
9. Miller Symphony Hall – Cirque de la Symphonie – Cirque de la Symphonie is a new production formed to bring the magic of cirque to the music hall. It is an exciting adaptation of artistic performances widely seen in theaters and arenas everywhere. Artists include the most amazing veterans of exceptional cirque programs throughout the world—aerial flyers, acrobats, contortionists, dancers, jugglers, balancers, and strongmen. Each artist's performance is professionally choreographed to classical masterpieces and popular contemporary music in collaboration with the maestro. TICKETS
10. America on Wheels – Cupid Rates – Two for $10 – Take your fellow car lover to the Museum at this discounted rate! Current exhibit: Supercars and Guitars! Celebrating the supercars; metal horsepower machines from manufacturers such as Prosche, Lamborghini and McLaren, plus many other you may fall in love with for the first time. Supercars are all about exotic engines, eye-popping acceleration and breathtaking design. Your heart will race! MORE INFORMATION
11. Assembly88 – Fifty shades of grey, and brown, and navy. Find the perfect gift for the perfect gentleman at the newest men’s clothing store in downtown.
12. Garden Gate Natural Foods - Spend at least $5 and you’ll be entered to win a daily gift basket drawing.