News In Downtown Allentown
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
Marketing & Events Coordinator
We are hiring! Posted April 5th, 2021 – Application period closes April 21st at 4pm.
JOB TITLE: Marketing & Events Coordinator CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Vice President, Allentown Initiatives
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary based on qualifications. Healthcare, dental, vision; paid vacation and sick days and life insurance provided.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator serves as a key member of the Allentown team in support of the businesses of the City of Allentown working with both the Allentown Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Allentown Business Alliance (DABA). This position is responsible for creating marketing materials, graphic design, social media posts, website management, and event planning for the Allentown Chamber and DABA. The position is a staff member of the Allentown team and reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of the Allentown Chamber.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Marketing and Communications:
- Create and distribute weekly email blast to promote events and programming within Allentown
- Create and manage social media for the Allentown Chamber and DABA. Schedule weekly posts and post on an on-going basis events and activity happening in downtown as well as throughout the City of Allentown. Manage Facebook campaigns in support of signature events
- Maintain the downtownallentown.com website
- Stay informed of events and programming happening throughout Allentown to develop new and innovative marketing campaigns
- Manage and submit content for Chamber Connections publication, within the provided deadlines
- Develop and oversee the events calendar for both the Allentown Chamber and DABA
- Prepare written materials for website, social media, business communications, reports, and presentation scripts
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Take photos of businesses and create content on on-going basis
- Create fliers for upcoming events, promotions, and activities for the Chamber and DABA
- Monitor analytics for website and social on a weekly basis (e.g. page views, twitter followers, etc.) and provide reports of growth and other activity
Events and Programming:
- Assistance with running monthly board meetings, breakfast, and luncheon meetings, including:
- Preparing PowerPoints and program materials for signature events;
- Composing and disseminating monthly committee board and event meeting notices and board and committee minutes;
- Registering participants for events via Weblink (ACC);
- Updating and tracking event budgets, including check requests, invoicing, and reporting;
- Managing member database profiles in Weblink;
- Coordination of on-site arrangements for meetings and events.
- Assist with contracts and reserving event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, etc. for large meetings.
- Work as a member of the team in collaboration with the city and community groups on special events, festivals, community projects and other promotional events.
- Manage vendors for events such as the Allentown Beer Fest and Blues, Brews & Barbecue, and other signature events.
- Serve as staff support to the Allentown Chamber and participate in staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Assist in the management and tracking of sales for the Allentown Merchant Program (AMP) Gift Card Program
- Answer incoming calls for the Allentown office, responding to questions regarding ACC and DABA and screening calls for appropriate referral to other chamber staff.
- Represent the chamber during community and/or professional after-hour functions and events.
- Perform other administrative duties, including, typing, filing, organizing, copying, mailings, etc.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned by the SVP.
- Candidate must be a team player, creative, self-motivated, outgoing, energetic, positive, and organized.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of two years’ experience in marketing, graphic design and/or event planning.
- Knowledge of graphic design, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. required.
- Social media experience, including Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: candidates must be able to effectively interact with a wide range of constituencies, including but not limited to, small and large business owners, public officials, and the public.
- Necessary computer skills including, proficiency with MS Office applications, as well as proficient in graphic design programs, and online communication tools, including e-newsletter programs, and other social networking programs.
On-Site Work Location:
840 Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101, Suite 205
Off-site work in the community, predominately within City of Allentown.
Other: May require out-of-town and overnight travel for training, etc.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, three references & salary expectations to:
Miriam Huertas, Sr. Vice President, Allentown Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org
by April 21, 2021 by 4p.m.
About the Allentown Chamber of Commerce:
The Allentown Area Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is an association of businesses and individuals having partnered together with The Chamber for the purpose of stimulating economic activity within the City of Allentown. It is the ACC’s mission to create, maintain and expand an environment conducive to the economic growth for the benefit of both the Allentown Chamber’s members and the City of Allentown as a whole.
About the Downtown Allentown Business Alliance:
DABA (the Downtown Allentown Business Alliance) is a Main Street Program of the Allentown Chamber of Commerce working in support of the downtown businesses through events and marketing. The mission of the Downtown Allentown Business Alliance is to create and sustain a welcoming downtown district which promotes business and community growth.
About the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce:
The mission of The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce is to improve the economy and quality of life in the Lehigh Valley Metropolitan Area. We accomplish this through business-to-business networking events and marketing products, affinity programs and exclusive, money saving member benefits, training programs, government affairs initiatives and public policy advocacy, and community development enterprises. With nearly 5,000 members who employ more than 200,000, the Chamber is the largest in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and in the top ten nationwide.
AMP GIFT CARD
Convenient gift cards offer access to shopping, dining, and diverse experiences.